Rules & Guidelines
Join the global political discussion and let your voice of reason be heard. Politics traverses a vast breadth and as such, ideas on all politicised topics are welcome. Submit your work through the ‘Submissions’ tab on our home page. Please note however that there are a few rules and guidelines to abide by so that discussion is maintained at a reasonably intelligent level.
- No topic or point of view is off limits as long as it is argued tastefully.
- All arguments must be presented with logic and reasoning.
- Feelings and emotional standpoint alone will not suffice as reasoning.
- No ad hominem attacks if arguing against another article or contributor’s work.
- A minimum of half an A4 page article in 14 point font, single line space must be submitted. Anything less will not be considered.
- It is recommended that you provide references for your work but is not essential. References will however lend much more credibility to the submitted piece.
- Contributors are urged to put their name to the piece that they submit. It is in the best interest of the contributor should there be interest from other established publications or organisations. Anonymous submissions will become the sole property of TCD.
- Each submitted piece will be open to feedback and comments from the public. TCD will not be responsible for offensive comments posted against contributor(s).
- TCD will not be liable for any legal breaches pertaining to the given contributor’s submission. All contributors take full legal responsibility for their own work.
- TCD reserves the right to refuse any work it deems unsuitable.
We look forward to your engagement with the global political discussion. It is only through the free exchange of ideas and rational debate that a society can strengthen current and future paradigms. Let YOUR voice of reason be heard in THE COMMON DISCOURSE.